can't print with firefox 0.9

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 13:24:46 UTC 2004

> Cups is already up and running (and working). I'll read the man pages of
> lpadmin anyway.

Right but that doesn't necessarily mean that a printer is set up. I
had to do this manually with RH9 so I would assume the same is true
for FC2. Cups manages printers but doesn't set up a default printer
for you.  Here is a link that would help:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/jsmeix_print-cups-in-a-nutshell.html

Basically it is something like:

lpadmin -p PrinterName -P <path to postscript ppd.gz file>

you can add description for the printer with -D and location with -L
but probably that's suprefluous for a local file printer.