Selecting boot drive from BIOS

Hi,

Here's a strange question, that I wonder if anyone has tried...

I have 2 physical drives. Currently XP is on the master. Can I set my
BIOS to boot from the slave before the master, where I would have
Fedora installed? This would negate any need to configure GRUB (ie.
would not need to put it on the master's MBR). Then, if I needed to
boot into XP, just reboot and modify the BIOS...

Thanks for any help or opinions...