Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 16:21:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 12:02, Mike Burger wrote:
> This might be a silly question, but do you have the reader plugged into a
> USB 2.0 slot?

I don't think it is, actually. In my latest test the machine said
*nothing* about this being USB 2.0. And this time, when the timeouts
started, I pulled the plug on the device before any kernel panic set in.
Then I logged in as root and initiated a controlled
shutdown-with-reboot.

And before that happened, I got messages that correctly identified the
reader as a Lexar, the medium as CF, and the size of the card as 128MB.

So is that the problem? I need to install FC into a brand-new machine
that specifically has USB 2.0 so that the kernel will not panic?

Next question: Do I need a card reader designed for USB 1.1 and not 2.0?
If so, I guess I'll mock up another search on eBay...

Temlakos