Lexar CF Card Reader USB 2.0 on FC1

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Fri Oct 1 16:40:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 00:21, Temlakos wrote:

> Next question: Do I need a card reader designed for USB 1.1 and not 2.0?
> If so, I guess I'll mock up another search on eBay...
No you don't. A USB 2.0 device will usually fall back to 1.x modes --
the designers of the spec are not _that_ naive... And even if it
wouldn't fall back, there's no reason at all it should trigger a kernel
panic!

As a first shot, can you pls connect the reader only without a medium in
it? What's happening then?

Next, what reader do you have? And, is it mentioned here:
http://www.linux-usb.org/ ?

Further, is the USB hardware on your motherboard officially supported by
the kernel?

HaJo
--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>