home networking: easy way?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Fri Oct 1 17:22:01 UTC 2004

I've tried reading through some samba docs and tried to set it up, but it's
incomprehensible. (I can get the servers running and WinXP can see my FC2
machine, but it can not actually access it and I have no idea how to see the
WinXP machine from Linux, which is what I really want.) This is all through a
Linksys wireless router, tried with just wired connections and with the linux
laptop on wireless.

Is there any easier way to network at home between WinXP and FC2? Or am I
going to have to get an advanced degree in networking before I can understand
enough about samba to ever hope to have these beasts connected?

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com