Re: home networking: easy way?

On October 1, 2004 3:57 pm, Joey Kelley wrote:

Thanks for the help, your instructions were enlightening (luckily I installed
the Gnome samba config client, despite the fact that I use KDE).

>           After a few minutes, you should be able to go into the main menu,
> Select Network Servers.

You lost me here. I don't know what you mean by "main menu" (on which
system?).

>           If you've done your job correctly, the work group will appear in
> the window - double click and you should see all of the computers in the
> workgroup, including the one you're on.

This may be true, but Linux still says it can't find
smb://isaac/.   :-(  WinXP may be able to access me now though (will go
test).

--
Trevor Smith // trevor haligonian com