Getting synaptics keypad working in FC2

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sat Oct 2 03:38:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
> >The psmouse restores tapping, but breaks some other things and doesn't
> >provide all the functionality.  Grab the latest synaptics RPM from the
> >Fedora development tree.  It does most of the "cool things".
> >

> I beg to differ.  psmouse.proto=imps enabled full functionality on my
> hardware and broke nothing.
>
> So as I said before either may suit his needs.  People have had
> different experiences based on their hardware.

I guess so.  On my Thinkpad T41, psmouse.proto=imps reenabled tapping on
the touchpad, but shut off the pointing stick and its three buttons.
With the synaptics driver, all of the scrolling strokes and tapping modes
that I've tried work on the touchpad, plus the pointing stick and the
middle button on the three-button set works like the middle button on a
three-button mouse.  No more chording--yay!

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu