adding items to the k menu

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Sat Oct 2 08:39:06 UTC 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 08:30, Jorge Escobar wrote:
> I have been trying to add some apps to the k menu, but
> when I add an item the Menu Editor eveything looks
> fine at first. It says its updating the system and it
> will show the new item in the Menue Editor but it
> won't show in the actual menu, and will be gone from
> the Menu Editor when I reopen the editor. Can anyone help?
I think menu editing is disabled in the official Fedora KDE packages. I
sincerely recommmend that you use the KDE-Redhat project's KDE packages
for FC2, instead. These are much more updated (you get KDE3.3), and
menu editing is _not_ disabled. (And they are not otherwise
RedHat-fsck'ed)

Check out this page: http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

On the bottom of the page it tells you have you can add the KDE-Redhat
repositories to your yum.conf (assuming you are using yum).

Øyvind
--
< Øyvind Stegard <oyvinst (at) ifi uio no>
 < University of Oslo, Dept. of informatics