Using gaim-vv with MSN

Does anyone know how to get this working on FC2. I have installed
gnutls from dag (along with gcrypt and opencdk), but no matter what I
do, I cannot get gaim-vv to configure use of gnutls. So I resorted to
editing the makefile. But even this doesn't seem to make any
difference - I continue to get the message that SSL support needs to
be compiled in.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire