Maintaining Fedora Core 1

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sat Oct 2 12:14:01 UTC 2004

Gary Parker wrote:
> I am currently running Fedora Core 1 on a new computer I bought this summer.  I
> live out in the middle of nowhere and so have a very slow internet connection.
> That said, downloading and updating packages is time consuming; upgrading to a
> newer version of Fedora though the internet is not feasible.
>
> I just installed apt and am not sure where I should direct it to keep Fedora
> Core 1 up to date.  At the moment I am using fedora.us and rpm.livna.org based
> on advise from
> http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Fedora_apt_and_yum_repositories.html
>
> Should I also direct apt towards download.fedora.redhat.com or
> download.fedoralegacy.org?
>
> Curious,
>
> Gary Parker
> Cayuse, Oregon

Hi Gary:
I've got a reliable FC1 box myself at the office, so I'm using yum to
hit mirrors of the legacy support site. My yum.conf is posted at this site:

http://penguinsolutions.org/fedora/yum.conf

It's commented fairly well -- just look through the list of mirrors and
uncomment those that are closer to you.

Hope this helps,
Clint