Re: Kernel Panic

> If someone with the same hardware architecture got the 2.6.8 to work, I
> am interested !

I don't think this is a hardware issue. The message tells you that
can't find the root file system. Usually I used to get messages like
these because of the stupid 'root=LABEL=/' command that francly has
never worked with me. So what I do is replace LABEL=/ with the actuall
partition name that has the root filesystem so in mine  laptop it
looks like:

root=/dev/hda3

Then the root filesystem is magically discovered and the kernel image
loads up normally.