upgrade to kernel-smp-2.6.5-1.358 on a P4P800 motherboard

I have just bought a P4P800 motherboard (ASUS) and I was told by a
friend that there was a bug in the kernel preventing it from working
with this motherboard, so I had to burn a special ISO to be able to
install Fedora Core 2. So this I did, and it worked perfectly.

Nu I can see that the up2date tool wants me tu update my kernel to the
kernel-smp-2.6.5-1.358 Fedora build kernel.

Is this safe? Or will that update break my system on this motherboard?

Best regards
Søren