apt-get problem

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Sat Oct 2 19:01:02 UTC 2004

Ive used apt-get in the past, but not recently.
I maintain a local copy of the fedora2 archive, and do a

    genbasedir $TOP  os updates

after each update.

my /etc/apt/sources.list file has the line

    rpm ftp://orion apt/fedora2/ updates

in it, which was the only uncommented line in the past.

So, Im missing something, as now I get the error message:

    [reg at orion apt]$ apt-get update
    Fetching list of repositories/mirrors...
    /var/state/apt/mirrors.list.new: Permission denied
    E: Failed to fetch mirror list file:

What is this trying to tell me?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens