FC-2 iptables settings

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Oct 2 19:05:19 UTC 2004

Jeff Ratliff wrote:

>> When I installed FC-2 I was asked which firewall I wanted,
>> and I opted for the default Medium security.
>>
>> Where are the settings for the 3 options I was offered?
>> Are they actually different iptables settings,
>> and if so where are they to be found?
>>
> It looks to me like
>
> system-config-securitylevel
> or
> system-config-securitylevel-tui
>
> should do the job.

Yes, thanks.

For some reason - I'm sure it was my fault -
system-config-securitylevel was not installed on my machine,
and I was relying on an ancient firewall.

Having installed it, I see that there is only really one level -
firewall installed or not installed.
Then there is a further choice whether to allow
a number of applications, eg ftp, telnet, ssh.
I take it the earlier options during installation
referred to these?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366