Re: plustek 100 parallel scanner question

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 20:28, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Is this scanner linux-compatible?  I didn't find its number in the sane
> documentation and I haven't yet figured out how to adjust the sane back
> ends configuration file to make this one work.  If it's not compatible,
> does linux have a linux-scanners.org site listing scanners that are
> compatible?

Linux support for parallel scanners is not very good in general. Some of
them are actually SCSI scanners working through parallel port. You may
be more lucky if your scanner is one of those. Look at
www.sane-project.org. I think plustek_pp is mentioned there.