Kernel Panic

Alexandre Van Haecke avhaecke at club-internet.fr
Sat Oct 2 20:49:10 UTC 2004

ok, so as suggested :
- I recreated the initrd-2.6.8-1.521custom.img and
initrd-2.6.8-1.521.img (which already were in the /boot directory) : it
doesn't make any difference.
- The same goes for switching root=LABEL=/ to root=/dev/hdg6 (on my
disk) : I always get the kernel panic.
That said, I understand that you guys are led to believe that the
problem is not really a problem of that particular kernel or the Athlon
64 architecture but rather a more general "boot problem".
But then, how come I can boot with the kernel 2.6.5-1.358 ?
Anyway thank you for the tips : I keep investigating...
bye