upgrading from FC1 to FC2 with yum!

W. Guy Thomas mrguytx at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 2 22:02:36 UTC 2004

Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:

by the way...
after downloading all packages, it gets to "running test transaction"
and then "Success!".
did you have to wait a LOOOOONNNNGGG time after this?
on my first goround it finally went past this and did exactly one
package upgrade then appeared to die.
I waited 30 minutes but not a single blink on the hard drive, and I
opened another console and checked "top" and everything was "asleep".

let me know if I should just let it sit after that first package
upgrade. thanks.

=G