Re: Kernel Panic

> understand that you guys are led to believe that the
> problem is not really a problem of that particular kernel or the Athlon
> 64 architecture but rather a more general "boot problem".
> But then, how come I can boot with the kernel 2.6.5-1.358 ?

What kind of filesystem do you have in /dev/hdg6? Remember whatever
the filesystem  is the proper module has to be precompiled into the
kernel for it. This is the only wild guess that I can throw out there.

Another thing is you can read the 2.6.8-1.521 release notes and see
what is different
from 2.6.5-1.358 expecially when it comes to file systems and IDE
devices. That should give you some leads...