ftp macro

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Sat Oct 2 23:50:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 16:18, Peter Volsted wrote:
> hi Timothy
>
>  > Timothy Payne wrote:
> > On my old Red Hat machine I set up a default log in and a macro to run
> > when connected.  I looked for the old files I used but in FC2 but they
> > are not there.  I did not set up a ftp server on this machine if that
> > makes a difference.  I've done a few searches but can't seem to find
> > where to set them up, if it's still possible in FC2.  Any links would
> > help.
> >

> Does "man netrc" answer your question?

"The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by
the auto-login process.  It resides in the user’s home directory."

That's just what I was looking for but it's not there when I did ls -a.
I can ftp from the command line and it works fine.  So do I just create
one and name it .netrc and set up the macdef?

Thanks Tim...