mounting CD-RW on Fedora Core 2

Hello,
I have a SAMSUNG CD-RW (52x24x52).
Previuosly I had used it successfully in RedHat 9.
If I remember well , I added in grub.conf something like hdc=ide-scsi
(It was quite a time ago).
Now I had recently upgradced to Fedora Core 2.
When booting Fedora,I see
in kernel log  that the SAMSUNG CD-R is being recognized as hdc.

Should I add something in grub.conf ? I saw that in 2.6 kernel there is ide-cd ; should I add somethng like hdc=ide-cd in grub.conf ? Should I specify something regarding DMA in grub.conf ? (Now there is nothing about DMA in grub.conf)

I had tried mounting the CDROM like thus: (I am not sure at all it's OK)
mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
but I got many errors in the log (hdc: DMA timeout retry and hdc: status error : error =0x00 and
hdc: drive not ready for command).

regards,
John