galeon needs mozilla = 37:1.7.2

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sun Oct 3 11:34:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:56, Phil Hannent wrote:

> Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> |     Well, yeah...if someone could get all the Galeon features into
> | Firefox, I'd jump right now; I love the simple way it works.  They're
> | trying, but there are several things that're very awkward.  I've used it
> | for years, starting back when it was the only browser that 'doesn't bomb
> | as much as Netscape' :> and have just gotten used to it, ya know?
> |
> What features are missing?  Just wondered as I don't use Galeon.

    Well, the most glaring is the single-button for closing a tab. (I
spent some time with it before reporting- things change with it)  It's a
style thing, sure, but it's really annoying at times. It also means I
have to select that tab, to kill it.  Having them per-tab makes it
possible to narrow down the choices when you've found 'the' answer.

    But most of it appears to be there...maybe I'll just have to
convert.  I find myself doing that more and more these days,
XMMS->Rythmnbox, Galeon->Firefox and previously Netscape->Evolution. The
result's always been good, but the transitions are annoying...kinda like
the 'spatial' way that Nautilus works.  I've been learning it for
several months and it's still reminding me of Win3.1.  :>

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller