Re: bell

Richard Horvitz wrote:
I am new to this list and no doubt this has been discussed much before, so I apologize. I've looked at the various posts about it (via google) and still have no luck.
My system bell will not ring. Right after installing fedora 2 my speaker would not work, adding some lines to /etc/modprobe.conf fixed that. These lines are no longer needed for my sound card to work, maybe I have a newer kudzu now, after updating things?
If I do /sbin/modinfo pcspkr it tells me:
author: Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech ucw cz>
license: GPL
vermagic: 2.6.8-1.521smp SMP 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.3
depends:
So it would appear the pcspkr module is installed. But my understanding of this is very limited. I have sound but no bell.
Any help would be much appreciated!

/sbin/modprobe pcspkr