fc2 upgrade

W. Guy Thomas mrguytx at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 3 22:28:00 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>W. Guy Thomas wrote:
>

>>I have copied the entire 4 cd's to //fedora/RPMS on my XP box, mounted
>>it, and ran "autorun".
>>I get "Install Fedora 2 packages" at the splash.
>>
>>So I just pick what I want?
>>There's no "upgrade" option?
>>

>You should get the choice later.
>It will look to see if there is a system on your machine to upgrade,
>and if there is it will give you the choice.

hmmm, I get a *ton* of dependencies needed when I try to "install FC2
packages".

is there really no "upgrade" fc1 to fc2 file that I need to run?
there's only a million rpms in the 4 cd's...

if anyone has a suggestion let me know
the 4 cd's are copied to my xp box and mounted from my FC1 box via samba.

thanks.

=G