SVN over Apache WebDAV hook script problem - possibly related to file permissions

Hi,

I have an svn repository (/svn-repository) on my fedora box, the
repository has a hook script that includes the line:

svn update /svn-working

where /svn-working is a directory on the server used to keep the
working copy for use.

When i execute the script (./post-commit) it the update works a treat.
However when i do a commit the update dosn't occur. I know the script
is executed correctly as i have another line in the script that emails
me telling me the hook is running but the update dosn't occur.

I've chmod'd the /svn-working folder to 777 which didn't make any difference.

Does anyone know why the update line in the scipt dosn't work when an
update is done on the server?

Thanks

--
Daniel Harrison