Re: upgrading from FC1 to FC2 with yum!

> Does  anyone know how to begin an install from this way?

If I remember correctly there is an option to give to yum.conf to
include a cdrom or a dir into the searched repository. A 'man yum'
will definitely give you the answer to that. I am away from my machine
so can't go further than that.

On the other hand this might be an 'apt-get' option so in that case I
would try something like

[cdrom]
name=Local Repository
baseurl=file:///mnt/dir/fedora/etc/etc/etc/RPMS.os

into the '/etc/yum.conf' and see what happens. :-)