Thunderbird 0.8 questions

Adam Boettiger adam.boettiger at pobox.com
Mon Oct 4 02:02:01 UTC 2004

A couple of quick questions about installing and using TB on
Linux Fedora Core 2.

I realize that I can install TB just about anywhere, but am new
to Linux. Is there a specific directory/path that TB should be
installed into?

Right now I have it in USR/LOCAL/THUNDERBIRD

Second question is:

With regard to reinstalls/updates, I know that with FF an update
client just got built into the 1.0 PR. I tried it for FF and it
did not work. Are FF and TB going to show up when I YUM for them
in Fedora Core 2 if there is a new upgrade/update available?

If no, what's the cleanest way to install the next update, just
on top of the old program?

Finally, what should permission settings be set to on the
directory that TB resides in?

TIA,

/AB