NVidia drivers on FC2?

Daniel Harrison dgharrison at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 03:19:50 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I've set up tv out on red hat previously, (when XFree86 was the go),
you will need to edit your /etc/xorg.conf (or maybe it's
/etc/xorg/xorg.conf) file and include various things here and there.

i strongly advise skimming over the read me, the answers are definatly
in there (don't be overwhelmed it's fairly strait forward so long as
you can use vi or similar)

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-6111/README.txt

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:03:08 -0700 (PDT), Globe Trotter
<itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install and during installation got the following messages:
>
> 1) rivafb driver conflicts with the NVIDIA driver.....NVIDIA driver will not
> function properly if rivafb module is loaded
>
> How do I know if it is being loaded or not? How do I not load it?
>
> Also, while installing, there is a message:
>
> idia: module license NVIDIA taints kernel.
>
> And the gdm problem does not go away!
>
> Thanks and best wishes!
>

> --- Patrick May <patrick at pmmay.sytes.net> wrote:
>
> > > In our experience NVIDIA drivers are all gotten from www.nvidia.com
> > > You doenload the shell script , follow the instructions and it is easy
> > > to install.
> > >
> > I just did this a few hours ago. Took me about 10 minutes to download, read
> > the doc, compile and install on FC2. Just follow along in the doc.
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> > --

Daniel Harrison
Hobart, Australia