NVidia drivers on FC2?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Oct 4 03:23:11 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 04.10.2004 schrieb Globe Trotter um 5:03:

> I tried to install and during installation got the following messages:
>
> 1) rivafb driver conflicts with the NVIDIA driver.....NVIDIA driver will not
> function properly if rivafb module is loaded

The is normal, if you call it that. A warning, nothing else.

> How do I know if it is being loaded or not? How do I not load it?

Just don't run rivafb based framebuffer on console.

> Also, while installing, there is a message:
>
> idia: module license NVIDIA taints kernel.

Because the NVidia.com driver is a kernel module which is not under GPL.
The message means: if experiencing problems where the module is
involved, don't bother the kernel hackers with it.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 05:20:49 up 4 days, 7:46, load average: 1.13, 0.74, 0.45