newbie to mailing list - Mono question

Andrey Andreev andreev at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Oct 4 08:32:46 UTC 2004

fedora-list at riddlermarc.net wrote:
[snip]
> the past couple of years due to work requirements (ASP.NET/C# developer on 2003
> Server) so I've been out of the loop for a bit.

There is mod_mono for running ASP.NET in apache, check it out. I haven't
tried it. It would be cool if you let me know if you could get it to
work. :)

[snip]
> I've recently upgraded my home server to an AMD64 3000+ and decided to put FC2
> x64 on it.. by and large it's been working jsut fine. However, I wanted to try
> to install Mono and have a play to see if it's stable and worth committing to
> using for some development work.

there is a mono package for amd64 and i386 in DAG's repository

> I checked the Mono site and there doesn't seem to be any stable release for x64,
> so I grabbed an old PII-400 machine from my garage and installed FC2 i386 on
> that. I then tried to install Mono but it is complaining about not having
> XFree86-devel.. a little research (bearing in mind I've been out of the loop
> for a while) led me to find that FC2 uses XOrg rather than XFree86 by default.
> Is there any way I can get round this?

Ditto, there is a mono package built for FC2 among others in DAG's repo.
It knows about X.org etc.

//Andro

--
Andrey Andreev