stop evolution

I use thunderbird for email, but evolution starts daemon processes every time I reboot. I've looked all over my configuration but still haven't stumbled over where the config asks for evolution. How do I stop evolution from happening?

The processes are 'evolution-alarm' and 'evolution-data-{something}' (ps list was truncated). For now I use 'kill' but that is inelegant.