Mail headers for multiple accounts

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Oct 4 13:40:12 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 04.10.2004 schrieb Christopher Taylor um 15:24:

> I have recently moved my web accounts to a dedicated server running FC2.
> Everything worked great.  The individual account have thier domain names,
> but the email headers state that they came from dedicated.my_domain.net.
> Is there a way I can fix this so that email sent from my accounts shows
> that they came from the correct domain name?

Yes, but you have to be more specific. You did not say any word about
the MTA you are using. Shall we guess that it is Sendmail - or Postfix
or Exim, or even something not shipped with FC2? You see the problem?

Second, I guess you are speaking about the envelope sender data, right?
How do your users mail? Please show a header where the "problem" is
visible. The keyword is (probably) "masquerading" and is for each MTA to
be set up differently.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 15:36:54 up 4 days, 18:03, load average: 0.18, 0.35, 0.30