Re: Easiest way to restore corrupt file from rpm?

Neal D. Becker wrote:
I have a corrupt file on my filesystem that belongs to kdebase.  What would
be the easiest way to get rpm to repair this file?  The only thing I can
think of is

rpm -e --nodeps --justdb kdebase

That won't replace the file at all, as the only thing it changes is the RPM database.

rpm -i --nodeps -f kdebase

That'll work, but I tend to favour:

rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs kdebase

Using the "force" and "nodeps" options just makes me nervous because they're things you shouldn't normally need to do, so I try to stick with the minimum number of options needed to get the job done.

Paul.