adding items to the k menu

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Mon Oct 4 14:56:06 UTC 2004

On Sunday 03 October 2004 00:02, Paul C D Dann wrote:
> On Saturday 02 Oct 2004 15:03, Jaime Davila wrote:
> For me kmenuedit doesn't work on FD2 (I have the "Official" version) - it
> really is a pain.  I'll just have to try KDE 3.3.
if you do (and I have) be prepared for issues wiht needing to upgrade
openoffice (or at least install their version) and quite a few other packages
to make kde-3.3 work properly.
They have an apt/yum repository - just visit kde-redhat.sf.net to see the best
settings for you.
it will also complain about file clashes between redhat-artwork and qt/kdelibs
(or was it base? one of them anyway) but these appear to be only .desktop
files, so --replacefiles works fine.

of course this is if you do all these things manually.
if you don't (ie use apt or yum) just be prepared for a _lot_ of downloads.

OTOH you will get juk included in kdemultimedia which is (IMHO) a far better
mp3/ogg/etc jukebox app than rhythmbox will _ever_ be - RH seem to rip out
juk from their version...

HTH

Stuart
--