Re: Easiest way to restore corrupt file from rpm?

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> I have a corrupt file on my filesystem that belongs to kdebase.  What would
> be the easiest way to get rpm to repair this file?  The only thing I can
> think of is
>
> rpm -e --nodeps --justdb kdebase
> rpm -i --nodeps -f kdebase

That would certainly be an option.

You could also try "rpm -F kdebase-versioninfo.rpm" where -F is for
"Freshen" the current installation.  Might work.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit