text vs html posts on this list...

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 16:47:12 UTC 2004

Carlos Davila wrote:
> That said, I have to confess that I am not entirely sold on all of the
> explanations of why html is bad. For one thing...this is a list about
> Linux....so one presumes most of the list members are *using* Linux;

Yes, but Linux *is* a Unix-like operating system, popular with people
who have learnt to love Unix's text interface.

So you'll get them using a Unix-style text interface because it is more
powerful at handling textual data. And these will tend to be the people
who know the internals best.

(Actually, I'm surprised there aren't more of them).

At least for me, Mutt is a better option.

(I also thoroughly appreciate being able to SSH in over a fairly narrow
connection. X really gets in the way over slow links).

James.
--
E-mail address: james | "In these troubled times, it's always refreshing to
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | see a major company concentrating on vital issues.