Re: gtk2 updtated -> gnome don't start

It's broken for me as well, for now I am using KDE.

I haven't had time to debug or research the problem too much yet. All I have done
so far is recursively chown my home directory to make sure the upgrade didn't
screw up some permissions {I have seen that happen before}.

frede belgacom net wrote:

Logging off and logging back again change nothink! In reality, I must start in innitab level 3 because the graphics loader and the login manager don't work. When I'm in consol, I put "startx" to start gnome and it'is there that I find the error message.
thanks
Frédéric

--
Guy Fraser