Sound

I have just decided to try fedora from an other distro I have been
using. On that distro the sound worked fine but on fedora core2 the
sound crackles constantly. Please can anybody help with this issue

the sound card is Intel Corp - DB (ICH4) AC'97 Audio controller
The driver being used is snd-intel8x0.

It works alright on the other distro all help would be great.

Neo