Re: Mplayer

Austin Isler wrote:

Piko Neal wrote:

|1.  When I try to install mplayer, the dependencies check tell me that I
|need mplayer-common, but when I try to install mplayer-common, it tells
|me that I need mplayer.
|
|2.  How do I get pass this circular logic?
|
|3.  I thank you for your time.
|
|Very Respectfully,
|Piko A. Neal, Jr.

Do yourself a favor and just get xine.

Either install each individually or with a wildcard and use "--force" or "--nodeps":

	rpm -ivh --force mplayer*
	rpm -ivh --nodeps mplayer*

or simply specify both RPMs on the rpm command line:

rpm -ivh mplayer* mplayer-common*

Either will work.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -