Mplayer

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Oct 4 20:22:54 UTC 2004

Austin Isler wrote:

> Piko Neal wrote:
>
> |1.  When I try to install mplayer, the dependencies check tell me that I
> |need mplayer-common, but when I try to install mplayer-common, it tells
> |me that I need mplayer.
> |
> |2.  How do I get pass this circular logic?
> |
> |3.  I thank you for your time.
> |
> |Very Respectfully,
> |Piko A. Neal, Jr.
> |
> Do yourself a favor and just get xine.

Either install each individually or with a wildcard and use "--force"
or "--nodeps":

	rpm -ivh --force mplayer*
	rpm -ivh --nodeps mplayer*

or simply specify both RPMs on the rpm command line:

	rpm -ivh mplayer* mplayer-common*

Either will work.
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -