Re: Dumping to another servers tape drive

On Oct 4, 2004, at 6:04 PM, Douglas Phillipson wrote:

I run:

/sbin/dump -0uf - /dev/sda9 | ssh rsldata 'dd of=/dev/nst0'

It seems to go to the tape fine. Then on rsldata I run:

/sbin/restore -if /dev/nst0

I get the error:

/sbin/restore: Tape block size (512) is not a multiple of dump block size (1024)

I've setup ssh so as to not require a password for sshing to rsldata.

I try to adjust block sizes in both "dd" and restore to no avail. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This typically works fine on Unix (Solaris) but not Fedora.

Thanks

Doug P