Re: MAC adress in Fedora

Why do you need to know the MAC address of your NIC? Usually it is probed by system-config-network.

Best regards.

H.T. Petter wrote:
Dear people,

Since today i am a Fedora-user, so i'm a complete newbie, i only have
expierence in Windows XP and Dos.
Now, i have succesfully installed Fedora Core 2, but i want to connect
it to the network at my campus. To do that, i need the MAC-adress of
my NIC. Can anybody help me find this in Fedora? for i have no idea
where to look.

Cheers,
Harm-Tido Petter

-- Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D. ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico Viale Castro Pretorio 105, Rome - ITALY Tel. +39064989509, Fax +39064059302