FC1 slowing down

Jeetendra Mirchandani jeetu at cse.iitb.ac.in
Tue Oct 5 10:08:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, VJ wrote:

> Have a look at the DNS resolution on your FC1 machine. It may be trying to
> resolve the name of your client machine from where to ssh. If DNS resolving
> takes longer, try putting the IP address of your client in the /etc/hosts.
> You can put any name as long as it has a corresponding IP address. Look in
> /etc/hosts file to see the format.

No its not the DNS. I see the ssh banner on ssh
it hangs showing this... (in verbose mode)

debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Trying private key: /users/pg03/jeetu/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /users/pg03/jeetu/.ssh/id_rsa

and mind id, its not just ssh, even the login on a terminal or sudo
...all take time

--

Regards,
Jeetu

   Jeetendra Mirchandani,        Hostel : H12, A-Wing, Room 222
   Graduate Student,             Lab Ph : (+91 22) 25764705, 25764733
   CSE, IIT Bombay,              Mobile : (+91) 98208 78028
   Powai, Mumbai,                E-mail : jeetu[at] cse.iitb.ac.in
   INDIA.                        HomePg : www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~jeetu