TwinMOS Mobile disk IV & FC2

Tor Harald Thorland linux at mis.no
Tue Oct 5 10:10:29 UTC 2004

man, 04.10.2004 kl. 14.18 skrev James Wilkinson:
> Tor Harald Thorland was having trouble with a USB disk.
>
> James suggested:
> > ... booting with acpi=off (at the end of the kernel comand line:

> Tor replied:
> > Yes, Its getting further... I can now mount /dev/sda1 to /mnt/flash (or
> > wathever) when I have the ACPI=off.
>
>James:
> Hooray. You have nailed down the problem to the ACPI subsystem.
>
> >Tor:
> > I tryed to make the ACPI=noirq. Then the I rebooted, and the computer
> > hang, right after the graphical boot said: setting hostname (or
> > something.. I have norwegian text on it) Also the my usb mouse dident
> > work during this startup (it normaly does work).
>
>James:
> Hmm. I suspect we can get the USB mouse to work later.
>
> What happens if you turn off quiet and rhgb in the kernel command line
> (the same place you put the acpi=noirq)? It will still hang, we just
> might get to see what's causing the hanging.

I have turned them off now, and got the following:
Before the welcome to fedora..... I had some ACPI errors, it is too much
text to write down and reproduce her, is there some way to log the
startup text to a file or something?

After the welcome i got the following:
(Freely translated from norwegian to english)
Setting hostname localhost		[OK]
Initializing USB controller (ohci-hcd)	[OK]
Mounting USB-filesystem			[OK]

Then the system hang....

Is there also a way to keep the whole starup in English instead of
norwegian?

>James:
> One other thing to consider: I don't know if your laptop supports APM,
> the older equivalent. You might investigate turning ACPI off
> permanently, which should enable APM. You'd then have to configure the
> laptop to use APM to do laptop-style stuff like power management and
> suspend. I can't really help you there.

I have a 1 year old Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A7600....
If anyone reading this has some info on this please supply it :-)
I've tryed the power management thing without success

Thanx Again!
Tor Harald Thorland