wireless

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 5 13:46:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 09:30, Martín Marqués wrote:
> El Mar 05 Oct 2004 10:19, Scot L. Harris escribió:
> > On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 01:12, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> > > my 80211g device seems to not be supported by linux-wlan project but it
> > > seems to be a prisma2 from connexant (see in the .inf file using driver
> > > from connexant) is there a possibility to make it supported by
> > > linux-wlan ?
> > > Thanks
> > > Eric
> >
> > You probably want to take a look at the prism54 driver.  Been using that
> > with a D-link DWL-G650 for some time.
> >
> > http://prism54.org
> >
> > You might also check the DAG repository, I saw something that indicated
> > he may have an RPM for this driver.  I installed it based on the
> > instructions at the prims54 web site.
>
> I would prefer to use the Atheros driver for 3 good reasons:
>
> 1) It's open source
> 2) It comes for FC1 and FC2 as part of atrpms (http://atrpms.net) so you can
> download with apt or yum.
> 3) It works! :-D
>
> Check http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/madwifi/

And if you have a wireless card based on the Atheros chip set then I
would agree.  However the OP stated his card was based on the prism chip
set and supported 802.11g protocol.

Are you saying that the Atheros driver supports the prism chip set also?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Never ask two questions in a business letter.  The reply will discuss
the one you are least interested, and say nothing about the other.