Anti-Virus Software ?

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 16:33:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 12:22, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 11:10, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> > What anti-virus software would you recommend for running on an FC2
> > machine ?  There are no windows machines in the network, only Linux
> > workstations, also all running FC2.
>
>     You already are: it's called FC2.  :>  The only reason you'd need to
> run AV programs is to protect Windows boxes.
>
>     Enjoy!

I'm sure that's comforting--for now. And we all hope that Linux is
inherently more secure against viruses of all types. Maybe we're right.
But as more people get fed up with "WinDoze" or "Window$" or however you
want to spell it, what will happen when cyber-terrorists start attacking
Linux directly with virus operations? That's what some of my clients are
asking me right now. What do I tell them?

Temlakos