Anti-virus [Was: fedora-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 50]

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 5 20:38:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Douglas Bowyer wrote:

> > And please consider using 'MINE' delivary for your digest. This way -
> >your replies preserve 'subject/thread' info - and the OP actually
> >looks at your reply. [and you can reply to replies - properly]
>
> 'MINE' delivery?

Sorry - its 'MIME'. You can go your list-subscription page - and
select 'MIME' instead of 'Plain Text'

> sorry, this is the first list group I've ever signed onto... I had
> meant to edit the Subject line to reflect the thread, but forgot
> after typing my reply.

This does match the subject text, but does not preserve the thread
info.

The thread info is carried by 'References:' part of the e-mail header
- which is lost in 'Plain Text' digest.

> I don't know any other way to capture the quote and thread
> subject. If you have a link where I can find info on that...

With 'Mime' digest, you get the emails as multiple attachments. With
most e-mail clinets (I've tried this with pine) you can select the
correct e-mail-attachment part of this list - and reply to it - thus
preserving all the e-mail headers - including 'Subject:' &