Re: firefox insists on evolution, not kmail

On October 5, 2004 5:20 pm, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> No fix but workaround:
>
> Edit $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/[profile]/prefs.js and append following line
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto",
> "/path/to/helper-script.sh");
>
> The script file /path/to/helper-script.sh then contains something like:
>
>  #!/bin/sh
>  /usr/bin/kmail ${1#mailto:}

This strategy does not work for me.

I tried your suggestion with firefox closed and verified that the new line
appears in prefs.js but Firefox ignores it and opens evolution instead.

Then, firefox REMOVES THE LINE when it closes.

I also tried putting the line in user.js, but this file is ignored and firefox
still uses evolution. grrrrrr.

--
Trevor Smith // trevor haligonian com