firefox insists on evolution, not kmail

Tom Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 00:55:52 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 14:51, Trevor Smith wrote:
> On October 5, 2004 5:20 pm, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > No fix but workaround:
> >
> > Edit $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/[profile]/prefs.js and append following line
> >
> > user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto",
> > "/path/to/helper-script.sh");
> >
> > The script file /path/to/helper-script.sh then contains something like:
> >
> >  #!/bin/sh
> >  /usr/bin/kmail ${1#mailto:}
>
> This strategy does not work for me.
>
> I tried your suggestion with firefox closed and verified that the new line
> appears in prefs.js but Firefox ignores it and opens evolution instead.
>
> Then, firefox REMOVES THE LINE when it closes.
>
> I also tried putting the line in user.js, but this file is ignored and
> firefox still uses evolution. grrrrrr.
>
> --
> Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com

Hi Trevor:

Would you give us more information please.

Which version of KDE?
Which linux distro?
What kernel you boot into?

Tom

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004