yum-mirror directive for up2date

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Wed Oct 6 02:08:45 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Could someone please explain me (or poing me to the right direction) on how
the yum-mirror directive on /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources really works?  Let say
I have 4 mirrors for my main updates repository.  How is that up2date will
cycle thru these 4? Is there a timeout? If a certain site doesn't respond in
certain time..will it try the next one on the list? How much time is this?
Does it cycle thru them in alphabetic order? If it connects to the first
server successfully and then 5 minutes later it looses the connection (they
may be rebooting the server) does up2date will fail? or try the next one?

Thanks in advance,
Jorge