Problem with first fedora install

I have installed Red Hat 9.0 and everything is fine. I put in disk 1 of fedora core 2 and it begins to boot up. I get to running /sbin/loader it sits for about a minute then the screen flashes and I get <0> kernel panic: fatal exception in interrupt handler not synching. I'm running a celeron 400 form eMachine with an add-in ATI all-in-wonder 128 PCI videocard. The onboard AGP card is disabled. I have looed around on the net and everything points to IRQ sharing. Does this seem right? any ideas on how to get past this problem?

Thanks,