Re: Parallel port problems.

Bob Cahn wrote:
I have a PC with an ASrock motherboard. The parallel port is mounted on
the motherboard directly. I'm having trouble configuring a printer. When I look in the system log I find:

Oct 5 10:15:21 localhost kernel: lp: driver loaded but no devices
found

Any thoughts on how I debug this problem?

If the printer does not support two way communication, or the cable you're using is not bi-directional (you didn't specify either), then this is what I would expect to see.

Regards,
Ed.